Multiplying and Dividing
* The Best Stuff for Multiplying & Dividing
* Sharing Big Numbers
* Discover the Basics - Multiplying & Dividing
Adding and Subtracting
* Addition, Subtraction, & Place Value
* The Best Stuff for Adding & Subtracting
* Discover the Basics - Adding & Subtracting
Fractions and Decimals
* Fractions & Decimals
Percents, Ratios, and Rates
* Percents, Ratios, & Rates
Access to Algebra
* Discover the Basics - Equations!
* Discover the Basics - Negative Numbers
* Discover the Basics - Squares, Roots, & Exponents
Organizing and Graphing Data
* Organizing & Graphing Data
Measurement and Geometry
* Measurement & Geometry
* Discover the Basics - Perimeter, Area, & Volume
California Math Supplement
* Grade 3
Math Intervention Strategies
How it Works
Discover and Perfect the power of Guided Student Discovery
300 pages - $59.95 Teacher Edition, $39.95 Home Edition
Mastering equations involves more than memorizing rules and working lots of problems. This book enables students—step by step—to understand why equations exist, what they mean, how to picture them, what stories they represent, and how to work with them. New ideas, skills, and special vocabulary are introduced in simple ways that students can comprehend, using their natural amount sense to inform their growing sense of procedure. Meaningful repetition (with innovative practice formats!), at a comfortable pace builds confidence and accuracy, helping pupils to remember what they learn.
||Ideal for homeschool instruction, parents wanting to support their child's school work and,
||teachers wanting to introduce or consolidate concepts. The teacher edition includes photocopying rights.
|Email My Order
||Click here to order individual chapters or the whole book, emailed to you within 24 hrs.
Watch our podcast, "Soccer Teams" to see how MLS employs a graphic representation of concepts and procedures to provide a visual, tactile experience. In this method, students
- discover the concept,
- construct and experience amounts,
- connect manipulation with computation,
- self-correct, and
- build a mastery of the concept of multiplication and division without rote drills or tricks.
Also watch our podcast on "The Progress Chart" to see how to use the chart, used throughout the book. It is a fun, no stress way to build understanding and fluency.